Admission Policy: Full-Time Courses
Crumlin College of Further Education is a well-established College providing full-time & part-time courses. The College operates under the authority of the City of Dublin Education & Training Board CDETB). All enrolments are subject to the regulations and policies of the CDETB and all applications received will be treated in a fair and equal manner.
College Admissions Policy:
All enrolments are subject to the regulations & policies (including Admissions Policy) of the City of Dublin Education & Training Board (CDETB) and the Crumlin College Admissions Policy. These are on display & available in the College. Places will be offered upon successful completion of interviews (except during the Covid 19 outbreak where face to face interviews may be replaced with telephone interviews). This offer of a place will also be subject to all entry requirements of a particular course being satisfied in full. All applications received will be treated in a fair and equal manner. In exceptional circumstances, the College reserves the right to refuse enrolment.
Applications can be made using our online application process from November to September.
Full details about our Applications & Admissions Process can be found here which includes information about fee exemptions and other relevant information.
Step 1 – Apply Online
All Applications are done using our online application service. The College application system is open 24 hours and you can apply at any time..
When you complete your application, you will receive an acknowledgement email with login details, username and password, for your new account on our college applications system. You will log into the college applications system regularly to manage your application to Crumlin College. Please note that your login details must be kept, by you, in a safe and secure place as they will be needed to access your account each time.
Step 2 – Interview
Due to the Covid-19 shutdown, no enrolment interviews have been held since March 2020. Interviews will resume when public health guidelines allow.
These interviews may be held virtually (through zoom for example) so please ensure you give a current email address.
Step 3 – Offer of a Place*
Since March, all applicants have been directly offered a place* on the course they are applying for. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis.
*This offer is provisional and is subject to places being available and any specific course requirements being met.
(Applicants to courses that require additional requirements will be contacted about the additional requirements.)
Step 4 – Pay a non-refundable deposit online to secure your place
To pay your non-refundable deposit online, please go to the home page and click on the Register / Pay Fees button. This will take you to the login page of the college applications system. Your login details are on the email we sent you. Select the Payments tab to see the breakdown of course fees and to pay your deposit.
Step 5 – Completing Registration and Upoading Documents
To complete registration, click on the Register / Pay Fees button on the Crumlin College website to log in to the college applications system. Select the Personal tab (to upload photo) and the Documents tab to upload a copy of some or all of the following documents:
- A suitable passport-style photograph, recently taken, for your student ID card
- Passport or ID Card (with photo) to confirm your identity and D.O.B.
- For school leavers, a copy of your Leaving Certificate Results when you receive them or a Statement of Results from your most recent academic course
- Non-EU applicants should hold a Stamp 4 visa. Please upload your GNIB card or permission to work letter.
- Your medical card clearly showing the number and the expiration date.
To protect your data, Crumlin College follows the Data Protection Policy and Protocols of the City of Dublin ETB.
Fees / Charges:
To pay the rest of your course fees online, click on the Register / Pay Fees button on the Crumlin College website to log in to the college applications system. Select the Payments tab to see the breakdown of your fees and to make a payment. All fees must be paid in full by Thursday September 30th.
If you have any difficulty paying full fees by the due date, please contact our Main Office for advice and assistance on 014540662 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no tuition fees for Irish & EU Nationals. However, a registration charge is payable & where applicable, membership & exam fees. Students will be notified of the requirements in relation to textbooks, equipment or uniforms when they have been offered a place. Non-EU Nationals are charged fees as set down by the Department of Education & Science - details of these are available from the College.
Specific Entry Requirements:
There may be specific entry requirements for some courses and these are clearly outlined on this website.
- Syllabus A, B or C accepted, except where otherwise stated.
- Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA) is acceptable as an entry requirement on the majority of Courses, except where otherwise stated.
- English Language Test - Applicants who do not have English as their first language may be asked to take this test to ascertain whether they will benefit from participation on a particular course. This English Language Test will be in addition to the minimum entry requirements as outlined for each course.
- Students are considered to be mature if they are 21 years of age or over. They must be 21 on or before 1 September in the year of entry.
All of the courses in Crumlin College of Further Education are provided through English. Applicants whose first language is not English, will be required to demonstrate sufficient competency in written and spoken English prior to commencing their course. Before acceptance on to a course, International Applicants may be asked to take an English Language test organised by the College.
The following administrative arrangements also apply:
- All international students must provide appropriate identification documentation.
- All international students must demonstrate compliance with residency requirements of the Irish government.
- EU nationals will be eligible for the same course charges as Irish students.
The College will not engage in any way in the process of visa applications.
International Students who can access our Courses:
- EU citizens
- Stamp 4 holders.
- Applicants who are in the international protection system who have permission to work are entitled to access VTOS programmes
- Applicants who are in the international protection system who meet the eligibility criteria for the Student Support Scheme can avail of grants to fund their full-time PLC programme
Students with Educational Needs
- Crumlin College has a Social Equality Admissions Policy & welcomes applications from students with educational needs. The College will try to provide appropriate supports and services for all students accessing our courses, resources permitting. Therefore, students should provide information about any specific requirements necessary to successfully participate on a course.
V.T.O.S. Day Courses (Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme)
The College provides an opportunity for unemployed adults who are eligible under the VTOS Scheme to avail of any of the full-time day courses as per listings. Entry is subject to interview.
We have a wide range of support available to our students here in the college and are pleased to have services like the Open Learning Centre and Adult Literacy based on our campus.
The Opening Learning Centre (OLC) provides basic computing classes to those who request it.
"The Adult Guidance Service is based in Crumlin College and offers free career guidance to adults in the D8, D10 and D12 areas who are returning to education.
Adult Literacy - we are very lucky to have this wonderful service based on our campus and extra help can be provided to students who request it.
We have a wide range of Support Services - i.e. supported learning, provision of I.T. equipment, Disability/Social Welfare support - VTOS/BTEA with lots of experienced personnel who can offer advice by appointment.
Career Guidance Service
We are lucky to be able to provide a Career Guidance service ot student at Crumlin College offering help with CAO and progresion to third level.